The University of New Haven (UNH) is a private, nonsectarianand a coeducational university that is located in West Haven, Connecticut, bordering the larger city of New Haven and Long Island Sound. According to U.S. News & World Report the University ranks 100th best university in the northeastern United States as well as in the top tier of engineering programs nationwide in its annual “America’s Best Colleges” rankings. The University is situated on approximately 122 acres of land between its main campus in West Haven and its graduate school campus in Orange, Connecticut. Combining a liberal arts education with professional training, the University has five degree-granting colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the Tagliatela College of Engineering, the Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences and the College of Lifelong & eLearning for adult and online students.
Masters Programsthat are Offered in this University are:
- Accounting M.S
- Biomedical Engineering MS
- Cellular and Molecular Biology MS
- Computer Science MS
- Cyber Systems MS
- Electrical Engineering MS
- Engineering and Operations Management MS
- Environmental Engineering MS
- Healthcare Administration MS
- Industrial Engineering MS
- Mechanical Engineering MS
- Public Administration MS
Admission Criteria and Requirements
Ø Academic Percentage & Backlogs: Students must have 65-68% & can be considered if he has 5-6 backlogs in Under Graduation to Qualify for Admission.
Ø Indian applicants must submit a detailed semester wise mark sheets/academic transcripts. CONSOLIDATED mark sheets alone would not be acceptable.
– The University of New Haven accepts3-year bachelor degrees from India only if they have an “A”, “A+” or a “Five Star” rating by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Students must too have graduated in the 1st or 2nd division. A proof of the university or college NAAC rating must be provided along with the applicant’s transcripts. Thiscondition applies to the following 3-year-bachelor degrees: the B. Com 3-year degree, the B.Sc 3-year degree, and the B.B.A. 3-year degree. Indian applicants with 3-year degrees have to submit an additional year of a Master’s degree or a one year Post Graduate Diploma from a recognized university so as to be considered for admissions.
Ø GRE/GMAT: Most of the programs of the University require 290-300 in the GRE to qualify for Admission.
A minimum score of 450-500 in GMAT is required for the programs under Business School. The GRE and GMAT both can be considered with GMAT for MBA Programs.
Ø English Requirement: All students are required to submit proof of English proficiency from one of the following English tests
IELTS : 6.5
PTE : 53
Ø Exception: The minimum PTE score will remain at 50, the minimum TOEFL score will remain at 75 IBT, and the minimum IELTS score will remain at 6.0 for the following graduate-master’s level-engineering degrees ONLY:
- M.S. Computer Engineering
- M.S. Electrical Engineering
- M.S. Engineering and Operations Management
- M.S. Environmental Engineering
- M.S. Industrial Engineering
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- M.S. Cyber Systems
Ø Tuition Fee: 12 lakhs Per Annum
Ø Application Fee: $75 (Waiver)
Ø Transcript Evaluation : Not required
Ø Admission Deposit: Not Required
Ø Application deadlines
Fall (August) : May 15
Spring (January) : Oct 15
Ø Application Type: Online application and hard copies required for admission.
Ø Scholarship is possible up to $ 7000
You can send your enquiries and applications on to firstname.lastname@example.org