Flight taken and finally you have landed in the country you dreamt about!!! Here you are to make all your dreams come true!! But Be patient!!! Give yourself time!!! Explore the Country, Explore the Uni Life!! Take around 3 to 4 months to understand and adjust with the surroundings. You must take this time to understand the demands of your course before you start looking out for Part Time Jobs!!
If you already have a few friends and cousins who have given their time and energy on finding good part time jobs then you are surely one level up as you can get information to all the insider information how and where to land for a part-time job.
Or probably you are still clueless and don’t have any idea on where to start it from. This most likely could be the case as the only job you have done so far must be “studies”. That’s but natural but nothing to worry about. You have landed not only in the country you always dreamt about but also at right place looking for answers.
First thing first for you is to learn about the working rules and regulations and also your rights as a part-time worker. You should be fully aware on how many hours you are allowed to work part-time as an international student in your country and then you can take it forward.
Secondly, we would recommend you to enhance or work on your other hobbies or skills, like writing, painting, blogging, developing websites, preparing excel or word documents. You will get to know..why am I stressing on this, later on this article..
Once you know the hours you are eligible to work, you should start looking out for some lucrative jobs with the University Campus. If you start at the right time, you should be lucky to have a suitable on campus job.
International students are often found working as…
- Waiters and Bar staff
- Retail staff
- Warehouse staff
- Call center phone operators
- Data entry staff
- Administration jobs
- Tutoring jobs
- The tourism industry (look for openings in hotels and motels)
- The retail industry (this includes clothes stores, department stores, and supermarkets)
- The agricultural industry (for nature lovers, this could include farming and fruit picking)an intern
- Interns in the organization.
Selling your skills in Online Market place
Even if you don’t find anything good, then also you should not be back to home country in panic as there are few good online platforms where you can earn extra bugs and sustain yourself!!!
In this Digital era, earning few bugs is not tough. If finding a job in any overseas is getting difficult for the students then start working as a freelancer right away as you can earn much more and you are free how much time you want to give. Hourly rates remitted are lucrative too.
Here are few good platforms wherein you can sell your skills and become a freelance writer, blogger, painter or developer or promote websites online. Available Market Places where you can sell your skills:
Just Register, Start right Away!!! Be Patient and Earn unlimited!!!
What are some of the Skills That Are Extremely in Demand!!!
- Content writing and Blogging: You can turn your hobby in one of the highest paying jobs through Content Writing. You can be paid from 5 to 500 dollars for writing content to articles blogs etc.. You can yourself become a great blogger by sharing some of your knowledge and subject that you have expertise into. Harsh Agrawal, a professional-blogger from New Delhi, India started ShoutMeLoud as a passion and right away it’s empowering more than 872,000 readers around the world and helping them to make money with their blog. At ShoutMeLoud Mr. Harsh started writing about Managing a blog, WordPress, Social-media, SEO and Making Money online. Never know you can be Next Great Blogger to whom everyone is following!!
- Painting : If you are skilled painter then you can post your paintings on web and try selling your Painting skill with people who looking for nice paintings.
- Websites and Software Development: Website Developers, Designers and SEO Analyst are in great demand. I suggest you to take training on any platform wherein you can develop websites or software so that it helps you at times needed. You can definitely make your career in this as development skills are in demand all over the world. Some of the web development platform you can try learning are:
WordPress: WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. … WordPress is reportedly the most popular website management or blogging system in use on the Web, supporting more than 60 million websites and very easy to learn, use and access. There are other platforms too, wherein you can explore and go ahead for it’s training.
Photoshop: Photoshop is the predominant photo editing and manipulation software on the market. Its uses range from full featured editing of large batches of photos to creating intricate digital paintings and drawings that mimic those done by hand. I am sure many of you know about it.
SEO: Try doing some basic programs about SEO in India because you should definitely get many SEO work overseas. Try working and enhancing these Technical skills if you are into core Technical background.
- If not any of the above, then you can definitely try selling your Word and Excel skills. Yes Microsoft Skills!! With Word, Excel and Powerpoint work you can earn good money. With it you can work as Excel operator or Freelance data entry operator.
You can also check out career websites to search and apply for jobs. Here are a few to get you started:
- Monster.com (United States)
- Reed.co.uk (United Kingdom)
- Seek.com.au (Australia)
Lastly I would again like to stress learning skills to get jobs easily… Try spending some time and get Trained, Certified before heading overseas. Will surely Help You!!!