Animation, one of the exciting and demanding career options of today. And why it shouldn’t be? It’s glamour, it’s fame, it’s cash … I mean it’s everything that youngsters dream to possess. However the BIGGEST question is: Is animation the right career option for you?
The vital issue is you need to come to a decision by yourself regarding your career prospects and choose the one which suits your interests, skills and is correct for you.
Before switching your career or may be selecting any line of business, do study about yourself, think and then decide regarding your eligibility to pursue that career. Think about the wants of that career and then think about the areas you are good at and also think about the areas where you need an improvement on.
Don’t follow something blindly due to simply having a “Shiny Marketing” of it’s or merely following the suggestions of your fellow citizens or associates. Just Follow your heart!!
You need to think …. Am I really fond of Arts!!!! If Yes!!! And if you think you are an associate art lover and are curious about art and you think you are a decent team player, and you like creators or artists work then undoubtedly animation is utmost right career choice for you.
HOW TO BECOME AN ANIMATOR.
Finally!! If you have decided to opt for a career in an Animation, then start by researching regarding it’s Colleges, Universities or Animation institutes. Look out for a career specialist, best of faculties and institutes suitable for you.
Find out regarding it’s syllabus!! Talk to Animation students and try to understand what they have produced!! Talk to officials in Colleges and Universities and try to understand what forms of placement help they supply to animation students searching out for jobs.
What’s the current trend and rate of placements done of Animation students by the faculty of Animation Institution.
It is very essential to find out the best of jobs available in the animation industry and necessary skill sets required to execute those jobs. Do try to find the type of job that is the best match for your interest and talents.
Animation is booming and is speedily developing sector. You can build your career in animation by operating in varied fields such as:
- Electronic Entertainment (Gaming)
- Broadcast or Film Industry and
- Professional Visualizations
In detail you can make your career in animation as
- 3D Animator
- Character Animator
- Character FX Artist (Hair/Cloth/Fur)
- Lighting Artist or Lighting Supervisors
- Matte Painters
- 3D Modelers
- Roto Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Art Director
- Animation Director
- CG Supervisor
- Character Designer
- Hair and Cloth Simulation Artist
- Concept Artist
- Creative Director
- Effects Director or Supervisor
- Environment Designer
- Fur / VFX Artist
- Layout Artists
- Technical Director
- Modeling Supervisors
- Modeling Technical Directors
- Rigging Artists
- Rigging Supervisor
- Rigging TD (Technical Directors)
- Shading TD
- Texture Artist
- Texture Supervisors
- Game Programmer
- Video Game Technical Director
- Video Game Producer
- Video Game Engineer
- Game Artist
- Visual Effects Supervisor
- Visual Effects Artist
- Water/Flame/Smoke Artists
Nowadays there are several software system being employed in animation trade like, 3D Adobe Photoshop , Studio gloop, once Effects, Render man , Softimage XSI, Fusion , Autodesk Maya etc.
There are several nice websites and publications accessible related to animation and animation trade. Some of them are as follows:
1. Animators survival kit by Richard Williams.
2. The complete Animation Course: The Principles, Practice and Techniques of successful animation by Chris Patmore.
3. The Illusion of life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston.
4. Treasure’s of Disney Animation Art by John Cane maker.
5. Character Animation Crash Course by Eric Goldberg.
6. The Artist’s Complete Guide to Facial Expression by Gary Fagin.
7. Atlas of Human Anatomy of the Artist by Stephen Rogers Peck.
8. An Atlas of Animal Anatomy for Artists by W. Ellenberger, H. Baum, Lewis S. Brown and H. Dittrich.
9. The Male and Female figure in motion: 60 Classic Photographic Sequences by Eadweard Muybridge.
10. Animal in Motion by Eadweard Muybridge.
11. Acting for Animators: A Complete Guide to Performance Animation by Ed Hooks.
12. Digital Compositing for Film and Video, Second Edition by Steve Wright.
13. 3D Human Modeling and Animation by Peter Ratner.
14. The Art of Maya by Alias Wavefront.
15. Maya Character Animation by Jae-iin Choi.
16. Visual Effects in a Digital World: A Comprehensive Glossary of over 7,000 Visual Effects Term by Karen Goulekas.
17. Techniques of Special Effects of Cinematography by Raymond Fielding.
18. Cinematic Storytelling: The 100 most powerful film conventions every film maker must know by Jennifer Van Sijll.
19. On Directing Film by David Mamet.
Except all these there are many useful websites and blog available nowadays providing information regarding art of simulation and animation diligence which you can find easily providing completely free animation tutorials, Visual Effects Techniques, Special Effects Techniques, News and lot more stuff.