It can be hard to know what to expect when moving to a new country, apart from the culture shock there are a lot of logistics you also arrange when relocating. This helpful guide aims to provide you with all the information you will need when moving to Canada.
CANADA GENERAL FACTS:
Population: Approximately 35 Million
Official Languages: English and French
Political System: Constitutional Monarchy based on that of the United Kingdom. It recognizes the Queen or king as the head of state, while the prime Minister is the Head of Government.
Driving: In Canada they drive on the right hand side of the road
National Anthem: O Canada
Calling Code: +1
Varies region to region
- In winter, Temperature fall below freezing point throughout most of Canada
- South – western coast has a relative mild climate Along the Arctic Circle, Mean temperatures are below freezing for seven months a year.
- During the summer months the southern provinces often experience high level of humidity and temperature that can surpass 30 degree Celsius regularly.
- Western and south – eastern Canada Experience high rainfall, but the prairies are dry with 20mn to 500mm of rain every year.
- Banking in Canada is convenient and reliable. These are some things you should remember when managing your finance.
- Debit cards are used almost everywhere without additional fees.
- Canadians don’t tend to carry much cash.
- Many banks charges to have a checking account
- International bank cards don’t always work so check with your bank first.
ATM Charges apply for all ATM use even with your own bank.
- 1c = penny
- 5c = nickel
- 10c = dime
- 25c = quarter
- 1$ = loonie
- $2 = Toonie
- 5 = blue
- 10= purple
- 20 = green
- 50 = red
- 100 = brown
Skilled workers are selected as permanent resident based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and / or French, and other criteria that have been shown to help them become economically established in Canada.
For further information about the Immigration in Canada you can read our info-graphics given Blow.