Why from Australia
For a long time, Australian degree has been recognized internationally. They have been accepted by academics and professionals throughout the world. Australian education has been imparted great value and has attracted Indians for a long time. The Australian Degree can be categorized as Professional Development Masters (for specialization) and Professional Masters and Traditional Academic Masters (for non-professional undergraduate background). For MS, Australia offers Masters by coursework (with duration of 1.5 to 2 years) and Masters by research (with duration of two years). Masters by research usually results in PhD. Apart from academic excellence; Australia offers various kinds of scholarships to international students, thus helping them in achieving their dream.
Eligibility for MS in Australia
- You must have successfully completed your undergraduate qualification which is equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree/honors degree or graduate diploma.
- For an MS in Australia, you will need to demonstrate your English language proficiency. The following tests may be considered:
- IELTS with band of 6.5 or more
- TOEFL with a score of 79 (listening 19, speaking 19, reading 18, writing 22)
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) with a score of 58-64
- University of Cambridge (Advanced CAE) with a total score of 58
- VU English – University Preparation UPP (Postgraduate) with a valid score
- English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS) – EAP 2 (advanced) with GRADE ‘A’
- You must be able to produce your transcripts/mark sheets of the universities/ institutes you attended since high school.
Top Colleges for MS in Australia
Many Australian colleges have been listed in the top 100 (world ranking).
- The University of Adelaide
- Queensland university of Technology
- The University of Sydney
- Charles Darwin University
- University of Canberra
Job Opportunities after MS in Australia
To be able to work in Australia after your MS, you need to have a ‘post study work visa’. Like most of the countries, Australia gives first preference to its citizens. You may need to enroll yourself with a professional network of your field. This will help in creating a strong network that may ultimately help in your career. Personal Relations is a very important part of study in Australia because it helps in building your network and results in better employment opportunities. While pursuing your graduation you must focus on developing your skills. No one grants you a job just because you have completed your masters. You will have to sharpen your skills and keep an eye on the job market. Indian students must also keep an opportunity on the Indian Market. They may consider opting to work in India after gaining three to five years of experience abroad. Their work abroad will give them an edge over other candidates. Their international exposure will make them a prime candidate for companies with their offices in various candidates. Such candidates find it easy to adjust to new surroundings and work conditions. Thus they will be able to earn more than their counterparts in India.