Why from Canada
In recent times, Indian students have started showing interest in Canada. We can very well see how many Indians are choosing Canada as their other home. They are constantly moving to Canada and settling there. Hence, in spite of high cost of living, Canada is fast emerging as a favorite place for Indian students to pursue MS. Not to forget the fact that Canada boosts of excellent educational facilities with great work culture. Canada puts a lot of emphasis on research and hence, the education system is one of the best in the world. More than 93% graduates find work within six months after completing their graduation. It has a flexible system which helps to gain work visa easily, without much hassle. Also, those who wish to pursue research are in for some good news. The Canadian Government along with the industries supports research. Hence, those involved in telecommunication, computers, medicine, agriculture and environmental studies are in for a huge benefit. Also, Canada is supposed to be best known for its graduate and postgraduate degree courses in the field of engineering, management and law.
Eligibility for MS in Canada
If you want to pursue MS in Canada, you need these documents:
- Student Visa
- Standardized Language Test (English ) score
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, Princeton Jersey)
- CAEL (The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test )
- MELAB( Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- Standardized Language Test (French) score
- Test d’évaluation de français (TEF).
- Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF).
- Work experience related to your field of study is highly beneficial.
- Letter of Recommendation is very important for MS or doctoral degree.
- Statement of purpose is very important in your selection process as well as in getting financial aid.
Other important eligibility criteria are:
- 16 years of formal education (10 + 2 + 4 )
- A minimum score of 70% in your four year degree course
- Work experience (2-3 years)
- Many universities may not consider you r two year degree courses such as M Tech., M Sc. etc.
- GRE score (1200-1500)
- TOEFL score: PBT – 550 ; CBT – 213
Top Colleges for MS in Canada
- University of Toronto
- University of Ottawa
- University of Alberta
- University of Windsor
- Western University Canada
Job Opportunities after MS in Canada
There are many job opportunities in Canada after Masters. Most graduates get job within next 6 months after completion of their degree course and about 93% graduates successfully get a job. It is due to the excellent study opportunities in Canada. All post-graduate students can get a work permit of the same duration as their Masters (maximum period is three years). Also after one year of work experience in Canada, a student can stay permanently in Canada through the new Immigration class called Canadian Experience Classification. Also, you may return to India after 2 to 3 years Canadian work experience and may be rest assured to gain a salary of 10 to 15 lakh per annum.