Why from New Zealand
New Zealand is fast developing into an educational hub and many international students are opting to pursue their education here. The universities here are ranked among the top 50 in the world. The education system here is similar to the British system of education. Masters is provided in two formats –
Masters’ by coursework: This involves attending lectures, assignments and individual research.
Masters’ by research: This provides an opportunity to students to study independently. They work on their thesis under a supervisor.
The duration of MS in New Zealand is two years. You will learn about the latest technological aspects and developments in your field of study. Also, the cost of education in New Zealand is less as compared to other countries.
Eligibility for MS in New Zealand
- Student visa
- English proficiency test –
- TOEFL – minimum score of 90-100 OR
- IETS – minimum score of 6.5
- 16 years of formal education (for BE or B Tech) or an extra year for other three year degree courses.
- Transcripts/ Mark sheets of all the universities/ institutes you have attended.
- Most universities require work experience. You should be able to provide information related to your work experience.
- Letter of Recommendation – Must preferably be from someone who has known you since a long time, most preferable is a mentor or a professor from the last course you attended.
- Statement of Purpose – It is very important so absolute care must be taken while creating your statement of purpose. It is an important basis for your selection in the chosen field of study. Also, it will play an important role in any financial aid. Hence, your statement of purpose must carefully mention your purpose to choose the course, what you wish to achieve from it, your experiences and goals, career expectations and every other information that may give you an edge over other applicants.
Top Colleges for MS in New Zealand
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Massey University
- Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Lincoln University
Job Opportunities after MS in New Zealand
Students are given one year visa (post-study work visa) for job search in New Zealand after completing their Masters. Also there are many career fairs organized by the university that may help students to gain a job. Also, the Student Service Job Center may provide students information about the current job vacancies. Also, students can apply for a visa under study to work category after they have successfully secured a job in New Zealand. Also due to economic growth, the perception regarding Asian students has changed and they are provided with better job opportunities. International students may also return home after gaining enough experience, most suitably 3 to 4 years. This will provide them with high paying jobs in their homeland, where a foreign qualification is helpful in gaining better positions. Thus, a Masters degree from New Zealand will boost your career and shape your future in a bright colours.