What is Streamline VISA Process?
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is trialling an industry partnership initiative with selected educational providers. Providers that are part of the initiative will be able to offer streamlined and prioritized visa processing and in return will be accountable for the immigration outcomes of their international students. INZ has shortlisted 25 educational providers for this partnership. If the NZ institutes are satisfied with the student profile then they will release a Letter of Nomination which will help the student in faster visa processing.
- Who may be eligible for nomination?
Nomination for streamlined visa application processing is only available to students applying from offshore. The industry partner takes responsibility for ensuring the student:
• has sufficient maintenance funds,
• has genuine intentions to study,
• is choosing an appropriate course,
• meets all course entry requirements and
• will adhere to the conditions of their visa and leave the country when required to do so.
- What will be the process to get Letter of Nomination?
A letter of nomination will only be issued if the NZ institute is satisfied that an international student has genuine intentions to study in New Zealand and has sufficient access to funds, to maintain themselves while in NZ. The institutes may request information relevant to the assessment of these requirements. If a provider chooses to support an individual for streamlined processing, it will provide that individual with a letter of nomination. This letter of nomination must be submitted to the relevant INZ Visa Application Centre along with a duly filled application form, relevant documents along with the fees.
As on date the following educational providers are authorized to support streamlined processing and provide nomination letters to offshore student visa applicants.
- Academic Colleges Group
- Auckland University of Technology
- Burnside High School
- CCEL (Christchurch College of English Language)
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- Kaplan International College
- Languages International
- Lincoln University
- Macleans College
- Massey University
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Otago Polytechnic
- Pacific International Hotel Management School
- Rangitoto College
- Taylors College and Embassy CES
- UNITEC New Zealand
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Waikato Institute of Technology
- Wellington Institute of Technology
- Whitireia Community Polytechnic