Canada! We all are HIMYM fans and the moment we hear Canada, we could just imagine Robin Scherbatsky going on and on about those amazing facts of Canada. You can see beautiful lakes and experience hard core hockey here. Not just this but Canada is also emerging as one of the favourite study destination among Indian students. Indian students along with around 200000 students from all over the world come to Canada for studies. Each year there is an increase in number and each year the statistics are surprising. Let’s get to know more about study in Canada. Hope at the end of this article you will enough knowledge about Canada. Let’s begin!
image source: www.thechopras.com
Why choose Canada?
There are many reasons to mention but few ones are listed below
- You get quality of education here. The degrees you receive from Canadian university are globally recognized. You can find research facilities at its best here.
- Number of reputed universities in Canada to choose from.
- The programs are designed intelligently making students ready to face the competition outside. The program course is recent and Industry aligned which gives students a holistic knowledge during their degree program.
- The most recent survey states that over 90% of total students who graduate from a Canadian university find employment within a mere period of 6 months.
- A student, when enrolled in a Canadian university, gets amazing and modern facilities such as art galleries, sports club, gym facilities, world class library, recent research facilities and much more to have a terrific student experience.
- The universities in Canada enjoy link to over more 5000 institution around the globe. Education in Canadian universities will surely bag you opportunities from all over the world.
- To a lighter note, when we say Canada is a sweetest destination for students we mean it literally. You will find plenty of varied yummy chocolate and maple syrup here. There is not match to this at all. You get here the best.
- It goes without saying that people in Canada are too kind and polite. You see them saying sorry for anything and everything, even if that’s not their fault.
Top universities of Canada
We have shortlist some of the best for you here
- University of Waterloo
- McMaster University
- University of Toronto
- Concordia University
- York University
- Queen’s University
- University of Calgary
- University of Alberta
- McGill University
- Universite de Montreal
- University of British Columbia
Study Permit in Canada
Students need a study permit in Canada to begin their higher studies as well as undergraduate studies in Canada. We recommend you to apply for it as soon as you get your invitation to enroll into Canadian university. We insist it to apply early because the process can take time.
You are not required to do extra efforts for visa. If you receive your study permit, you get eTA along with it. There is no separate process for visa.
Documents commanded by visa officers
- Bank draft to process visa
- Completely filled visa application form
- Your valid passport. The passport should be acceptable in Canada.
- Acceptance letter or letter of confirmation from university
- IELTS or TOEFL score card
- Letter of recommendation
- Experience certificate if any
Part Time Work
There are plenty of options available for student. You can work for 20hours per week during your semester period and for 40hours per week during vacation period.
Cost of Studying in Canada
The education in Canada is extremely affordable. They do not leave you dry at the end of degree program. The cost of undergraduate studies in Canada can range from 6lacs to 18lacs whereas post-graduate studies in Canada can range from 5lacs to 20lacs. This is a quite reasonable price for quality and renowned degree course.
Every international student is eligible for scholarship. From our database we could shortlist some of them. International students can apply to Trudeau Fellowships, Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond, CIHR Fellowship, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, Jubilee Scholarship, Industrial Research and Development Internship (IRDI) Program, IDRC Doctoral Research Awards, Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, CIFAR Global Scholars.
Accommodation for Students
When it comes to stay you must choose it wisely because you accommodation can make your stay best as well as worst. You surely want an accommodation that is safe and easy to commute. There are some options available to you like
Dorms: These are university dorms available for students. Students live in a huge hall with all facilities. This is usually in the university campus. Therefore it becomes easy for you to travel. Other than living, you get food, laundry services, and high speed internet in the campus. It can cost from 3000 CAD to 7500 CAD per year to stay in university campus.
Host family: You can live with a family. This family offers you living and also food. Being with a family is safe and secured. You tend to have someone to guide you about law, regulation and culture of the country. It can cost you 300-400 CAD per month
Outside Campus living: Usually students share an apartment with a small group. Here you live more independently. You tend to manage everything on your own. But again it is a unique experience.
Early Weeks in the Country
Do not just sit and watch everything going. We know it can be difficult to adjust in a complete different place. But you are here to live so explore things so get used to it.
- Explore facilities available in university
- Check if any workshop or seminars are especially available for international students. These seminars really prove helpful because they always deliver an important message.
- You might get encountered with some confusion regarding anything, at this time you can consult student support for any queries.
- Join students club. There are especially many Indian students club out in universities
- You get so many discounts on student’s ID, so first thing to do is issue your student’s ID