The official advice from IELTS is to spend 20 minutes per text in the IELTS Academic Reading test (or 20 minutes per section in the IELTS General Training Reading test).
But I know that Most IELTS students spends too long on one text/section and don’t have enough time to answer all of the 40 questions in one hour time frame.
- take a quick look at all the texts and/or questions;
- choose the text and/or questions that you feel most confident with and start there
- start with first passage which is always easy for students.
Here are few tips for reading faster.
1. PREVIEW THE TEXT.
2. BE MINDFUL.
3. DON’T READ EVERY WORD.
4. FOCUS ON MULTIPLE WORDS AT A TIME
5. YOU SHOULD FOCUS 3 OR 4 WORDS IN SINGLE INSTANCE OF VIEW
Once the reading done try to put story in mind on the basis you can solve all the questions.
In the similar way attempt all there section of reading with equal time frame.
You should always take care of small tips while appearing to IELTS exam center. and most important, don’t forget to keep an eye on the clock! I suggest you follow the advice from IELTS and spend around 20 minutes on each reading text/section.